Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What to do if you get a speeding ticket

Did you know that about 35 million speeding tickets are written every year. Most are not contested. They go to court and pay the fine, pay court costs, get a hike in there car insurance and points on their license. A recent study by an attorney specializing in traffic tickets showed that 60% of his contested cases were won. Of that amount, over 40% were won by lack of prosecution - No Officer = Not Guilty. An additional 25% were won through the inability to prove the charges. As you can see, just by going to court and contesting your ticket, the odds are in your favor.

The magic word in contesting a speeding ticket is Attorney. Unfortunately most of the time we get as much justice as we can afford. The cost of an attorney would be more than the fine an fees involved. However, (keep on reading help is on the way) if you have a life;s event plan your attorney will go to court with you.

Let's go back to the beginning when you got the ticket, When the officer approaches your vehicle he will likely ask you one of two standard questions:

  • Do you know why I stopped you? -- Your response is, “No officer, I don’t.”

  • Do you know how fast you were going? -- here are a couple of responses “I’m not really sure.” or “I wasn’t speeding and I checked my speedometer right before you stopped me.”

The key element here is not to admit anything. You have a right to remain silent but the officer isn’t required to advise you of this right (Mirandize). Do not respond by saying, “Well I think I was doing about 75 when you know you are in a 65 mph speed limit. This is called admitting your quilt!

When the officer asks for your license, registration and proof of insurance tell him where they are located and ask to get them before reaching for anything. If you are in a state which allows concealed weapons, by all means notify him of the weapons location. If your documents are in the glove box or console, get them and close the compartment. This way the officer isn’t worried about you reaching in for an illegal weapon while he is writing your citation. You know your not a nut, but, the officer does not know it. I give him license, registration, proof of insurance and my card from my life;s event plan that ask permission to call my attorney. Included in my plan is (24 hour/7 days a week) number to reach an attorney on the spot.

For more information about this plan send me an email and I will email you a video explaining how you can have an attorney for as little as $ 17.00 a month. Imagine having an attorney to draw up a will, represent you in traffic court, go with you if your audited by IRS, give you unlimited advice on any subject, help you with a depute with your neighbor or landlord and many other things. Get the video. dengriffin@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment